Public Health Institute of Metropolitan Chicago (PHIMC) is excited to offer you the opportunity to apply to host a Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Allies AmeriCorps member. Members increase your workforce and your ability to provide substance use disorder services to your clients.
SUD Allies is an AmeriCorps program with the mission to expand resources to combat substance use disorder in Illinois communities. Administered by PHIMC, SUD Allies supports agencies throughout Chicago and suburban Cook County in providing prevention, treatment, and recovery services.
Host Site Benefits
· Access to a full-time skilled, motivated member to serve at your organization for a fraction of the cost of adding a staff person;
· Increased organizational capacity to address critical needs related to substance use disorder;
· Networking opportunities with other host sites and collaborations between SUD Allies members;
· Opportunity to offer a paid service-learning opportunity to your community and to support public health workforce development;
· Support for member training and development from SUD Allies program staff and ongoing technical assistance.
Host Site Requirements/Placement Terms
PHIMC has full and part time SUD Allies AmeriCorps members available to work a full calendar year. Host sites must pay a cash contribution of up to $13,500. For more information on the program and sample member descriptions, please click here. Contact Clare Healy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information